From:
"Robert C. Chady" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 00:43:02 -0500
I decided that Cocoa needed his first bath tonight...  I was really
surprised how he handled it!  From the readings I have done, it
sounded like the first couple times are usually the most difficult.
Well, I filled the sink with about 3 inches of warm water and gently
lowered Cocoa into it.  At first he didnt seem to care for it too
much but as soon as I started talking to him he calmed right down.
He started getting a little upset when he was down in the water and
only his head was sticking out...but he didn't fight anything really.
 Then when it came time to rinse off, he suddenly decided he *really*
liked it!  He held perfectly still and even played with the water
coming out of the tap.  Then came drying off time....he thought it
was a game or something.  After drying him off a little with the
towel, he spent the next hour playing ON me.  He even started talking
to me.  Boy was he hyper!

On another note, I am really surprised at how fast he seems to be
growing.  He has noticeably gained some weight in the last 3 days.

Hehehe, I won't share every single detail of Cocoa's life with the
list, but this one seemed like a good one to mention :)  We both had
a really good time (at least he sure seemed to have a good time) and
I wanted to share it with you.  I wish I had a camera so I could take
some baby pictures.  Pictures of this freshly cleaned tiny little
ferret sticking his nose out of a small brown paper bag would make
for some very nice memories.

-Robert and the snoozing but freshly bathed Cocoa