From:
John King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 11:00:17 -0600
Doug and Pauly-

Our little one, Tasha, also will be sleeping on our lap and very suddenly
jump up and off the couch and dart across the room to her favorite
corner.  It is often a startling experience for me and I don't have a
guess why it happens.  Then again there isn't a whole lot I DO understand
about my little ferret's behavior :)

Tasha has developed a fondness for destroying anything and everything she
can find without prejudice.  This includes socks of course, but also
cans, tubes of face cream, hiking boots, school papers, sunglass holders,
sweaters, checkbook, tomatoes, and anything else we are stupid enough to
not lock up.  Is this a phase?  How do you train them not to chew and
destroy everything?

What really scares me is her reaction when we go to take something away
from her.  She letts out horrible, blood curdling sounds and puts the
death grip on whatever she has.  A struggle insues with me having to
loosen her grip with my fingers.   This normally sweet darling who only
"chews" softly on her Mom's fingers usually, would be happy at those
moments to take a few of my fingers off my hands.  She has never hurt me
but my concern is if she might bite someone else in one of these
situations.  Is this behavior common?  How can you address it?

I belcome any advice so I can help to prevent any bad habits from
developing.  Oh yeah, she is 4 mos old and verbal/noise reprimands won't
be useful because she is deaf.

Thanks in advance
Michelle and the split personality ferret, Tasha