From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 09:56:36 -0500
Lysanne Gauthier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>  '/g-i-s/computer/zftparea/mirrors/rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/
>     rec.answers/pet-ferret-faq/general' does not exist!!

Believe it or not, that's a Good Thing.  The file that points to is a
very outdated version of the Ferret FAQ, from before it was split into
five parts -- that is, from last June.  I've been asking archive
maintainers to remove the file, but getting the various indexes to
remove their entries to it is more difficult.

All you have to do is look for the new version: anything that's listed
as ferret-faq rather than pet-ferret-faq.  For instance, by gopher,
look at the directory
gopher://gaia.ucs.orst.edu:70/11/g-i-s/computer/zftparea/mirrors/
     rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/ferret-faq/
(This is just one mirror site for the news.answers FAQ archive; there
are lots more.  All the text versions are the same, but the best WWW
version is still the hand-generated one in my .signature.)

Monica Istvan <[log in to unmask]> asked about non-800 #'s:
You can't reach CDFA's catalog number, 1-800-FERRETW, from Canada, but
you could try calling their general information number, 707-431-2277.
They ought to be able to help you there, if only by giving you another
number to call.

--
- Pam Greene  <[log in to unmask]>
Ferret Central - <http://www.ceas.rochester.edu:8080/ee/users/rhode/index.html>