Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 1995 11:20:43 -0500
Dear Stacy,
        I forgot to address what you wrote about your ferrets not biting...
I'm sure that is completely honest statement.(I have one that doesn't
bite, too.) The problem is that when even
non-biting pets are in a lot of pain (such as when they arrive at the
emergency room) they may bite technicians. The human doctor of
the technician who gets bitten by an unvaccinated ferret will probably
request a rabies test be performed for the safety of the technician
resulting in the death of the ferret. Don't take chances - vaccinate.

                        Kari in Mass