Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 01:29:47 -0700
I called CDFA at (800)FERRETW, and they were very helpful in finding a good
vet for my little ones.  I told her of my awful experience at Pet Metro,
Pasadena.
- The moment We (me and Dwesil) entered Pet Metro, Dwesil's tail fluffed
out. I went to the woman behind the counter and informed her of my
appointment.  I also wanted to comferm the use of DEAD rabies shots.  It
was then the doctor told me some halfbrain concoction about how it was
illegal for him to administer "rabies" shots to "undomesticated" animals.
I knew at this point something was wrong.  Dwesil would NOT stay still.  I
had an urge to just say goodbye and leave (which I should have done) but
was some how he comvinced me to stay so he could administer a distemper
shot, for Dwesil's well being I agreed.  I started to get the feeling that
maybe I was stepping into a trap.  I had a vision of the F&G comming in and
taking away my little one.  Dwesil's tail fluffed out almost as wide as his
body, when I took him into a small white cold room.  I think I was probably
shaking more than he was.  The doctor came in and in fear of his life made
me hold the savage creature while he administered the shot. I told him
Dwesil dos not bite but...I still had to hold him.   Before we got a chance
to escape this dungon, the doctor thought it was important for him to
inform me that it was also illegal for him to opperate on Dwesil incase he
got sick.  I was very upset, and excliamed to Dwesil as we got into the
car, "Dont worry little guy...we will never come here again."  Three months
later I recieved to a notice for Dwesil's follow-up shot.  The note found a
comfortable home in the trash.
Well when I called CDFA, they told me that it was not illegal to administer
rabie shot nor opperate on them.  Boy, was I relieved.  They also found me
a good doctor, who my kids like.
The moral of the story if your baby does not like someone, he probably has
a good reason not too.
Sorry so long- A note to N. Ca. In the CDFA publication they had an article
thanking a doctor for outstanding dedication.  Dr. Gandolfi At castro
Valley Companion Animal Hospital, 2509 Lessley Ave. Castro Valley Ca. 94546
(510)582-6311
-Rick-ABS pipe is very expensive but the joy of watching them run through
them is well worth it.  Plus it was the only pipes available,that had many
different curved connectors.