From:
MRS PATRICIA L ISRAELSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 22:58:55 EST
-- [ From: Patricia L. Israelson * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Dr. Williams, I tried to E-Mail this to you directly but it was
returned.  Therefore I am going to go through the FML in hopes of
reaching you with this message.
First of all, may I extend my deepest sympathies to you in the loss of
your little Oscar.  I too, know how hard it is to lose a pet that
you've had a long, long time.  The empty spot in your life is hard to
fill for awhile.  Time does heal though, thank goodness.
My veterinarian, Charles C. Blonien, DVM, is sending you a tumor and
kidney taken from my seven year old ferret Rikki Tikki.  He had
exploratory surgery today for what we suspected was an adrenal tumor.
What we found was incredible.  This little guy had a tumor that was the
size of a ping pong ball, completely engulfing the left adrenal gland
and growing onto the kidney.  Dr. Blonien removed the tumor and the
kidney, and is sending them to you for testing.  Rikki Tikki has been
bald almost all of his life, and I suspect that he's had this tumor for
quite awhile.  Please let us know what the results of the testing are.
I really do appreciate your being there for all of us ferret lovers.
Thank you in advance for the testing.  Keep Rikki Tikki in your prayers
folks.  He's very weak tonight and he lost a lot of blood.  Best Wishes
to all of you!!!
    Patricia Israelson and the Beggars & Thieves Ferrets