From:
Mason Weinrich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 10:02:38 -0500
Dear FML friends -

        Just wanted to let you all know that I will be gone for the next
month (work related field trip to Mexico), but will be back after that.
I'll miss all of you, and the daily fix of the carpet-shark world.

        Also - to the person who asked about coca-cola for ferrets - rather
than give them the soda itself, give them the bottle cap or the empty
bottle when you are done with it.  I do this with Slinky all the time.
Remember - taste is 70% smell to us, and I am sure it is moreso for a
ferret, and both the cap and empty bottle smell a lot like soda (without
the bubbles!).  Besdides, its great fun watching them try to drag a 2-liter
bottle into their little hiding places!

        And to Bruce Williams, friend to us all - condolences on the loss
of Oscar, but a tribute to you that he lasted 8.5 years.  All ferrets
should wish they had such a home...

See y'all in March  -

Mason, Slinky ("Is my substitute keeper bringing me new toys?") and Leila
(the cat who really doesn't see what all the fuss about running in and out
of a suticase while it is being packed is).