From:
Bruce Rein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 1995 16:25:56 -0800
Hello All:

On Monday January 16th, we took our dear little ferret, Tabatha, in to have
extensive dental work done. I received a phone call an hour after dropping
her off at our vets office, she had passed away while under the anesthetic.
It was all too much for her broken little body.  Tabatha was just too tired
to fight this last battle.  We burried her next to her little brother.

Tabatha came to our rescue in August of 1994.  When she arrived she was
deathly ill from  the effects of forced breeding, prolonged heat and
starvation.  Tabatha had suffered terribly at the hands of her previous
owners and when she could no longer produce kits she was dumped in a local
park to die.

When this little angle arrived she had serious hips problems, she was
suffering from possible skin cancer caused from exposure to the sun (she
was an albino and we are sure she was kept outside), her teeth where rotten
and her mouth was terribly sore. I had to feed Tabatha by hand after her
spay surgery because she was too sick and weak to move, we almost lost her.

The last six months of her life were spent with us.  She was loved and
cared for and despite the pain and suffering she had endured, she always
was willing to reach out with love and affection to those of us who tried
to help her.  I desperately wanted Tabatha to survive having the dental
work done.  Tabatha was at least five years old when we rescued her and I
wanted so much for her to live out the rest of her life in comfort.  I
guess she just got tired.  It hurts so much to know I couldn't take her
pain away.  We all loved her so very much and she is greatly missed.

These beautiful creatures that we care so deeply for are incredible.  If
any animal had a right to be vicious, Tabatha did, and yet, she was
trusting, forgiving and gentle despite the constant  pain she was in and
the abuse she had suffered.

I love you my dear little girl and we miss you terribly.  See you soon
little one, over the Rainbow Bridge.

Tracey-Lee, Oliver, Tristan, Digby, Sabastian, Tilly, Bailey, Teddy and
Reilly
Ferrets & Friends Club and Rescue
B.C. Canada