Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 1995 14:15:00 EDT
To R. Daniel Paddock,  I too have a quiet ferret.  Weehawk (a 9mos.
old altered male)  never made any noises except maybe a little hissing
when he really got into playing, and a definite yowl when I stepped on
his foot once, but as soon as we got him a ferret companion, well now
they sound like a whole herd, not just two!!!  As soon as Silk was
introduced, they both started squeeking, and hissing and chuckling at
each other when they play.
Last night Weehawk got to meet a friends Collie named Conner.  After a
long sniffing period for introduction I let weehawk down and conner
kept sniffing away, until weehawk crawled under him and started
chewing on his legs!  Then the dog did the greatest dance, picking up
one foot, and then the other as weehawk changed targets for his
gnawing!  It was really silly but they both behaved really well.
Weehawk is also friends with a Bernese mountain dog named Fiona who
lets him chew on her legs, and never seems to care, what I was
wondering is if he thinks that they are a really big ferret, or four
ferrets (one for each leg) cause he shows no fear and always wants to
jump right in and start chewing and tugging!  Does anyone elses
ferrets have dog friends?  Having a dog in front of Weehawk when we go
on hikes is great, cause he will chase a dog all the way up the
mountain, instead of taking his usual zigzag route. I have never let
him play with any dogs which I didn't know were extremely mello, and
cat friendly.
Hope everyones fuzzies are happy healthy and terrorizing all
vegitative material!!
Krystal, owned by Weehawk and Silk, the ferrets supreme, and
Messy and Tugger, the cats who still haven't figured out that their
tails are really ferret toys!
Krystal, Middlebury, Vermont
ps if there are other readers in vermont who want to get together for
play time please write me!!  Weehawk and Silk are always happy to have
new ferret friends over to play! :)