Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 21:31:53 -1000
> From:    Bob Jaques <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Hawaii??
>
> Are there any people on the list with ferrets living in Hawaii?
> I will be moving there and need some advice.

Well, there is at least one person on the list from Hawaii (myself).  Ferrets
are illegal here, possibly one of the few places where this is justified.  I
wound up with Leilani in a roundabout way when a college student brought her
here, but then decided he couldn't keep her.  She finally wound up with me,
and has been dooking about and stealing my stuff and occasionally pooping
where she should ever since.  I know it's a difficult decision, but as with
bringing any ferret into a FFZ, you might want to seriously consider whether
you should bring your ferret or not.  It is a $5000 fine if they catch you,
and you lose the ferret.  I'm not sure what happens to the ferret... I think
I have heard of at least one that wound up at the Honolulu Zoo.