From:
Katherine Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 22:26:51 -0500
> Date:    Tue, 29 Nov 1994 23:39:28 -0500
> From:    Len Jaffe <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: New critter/Old critter
>
> Well, lots of bigtime stuff happened here lately.
>
> I'm pretty darn proud to annouce the birth of our first child,
> Zachariah, back on October 14th.

Lenny, congrats to you and Marya from me, and a big wet sloppy smooch for
Zachariah from Andrew Jonathan, who'll be six months old on December 11.

Chris warned me last spring to "watch out for the paradigm shift" and I
pass that advice on to you -- it's a killer! :-)  Seriously, our lives
have changed amazingly, and while before Andy was born, Jeff & I couldn't
imagine what life was going to be like with him, now we can't imagine
life without him.

The adjustment for the ferrets has been decidely tougher, as we are in a
big, old house now, that can't be *completely* ferret-proofed, so their
play is very closely supervised now.  Not so much because we don't trust
them with Andy -- though we would never leave them alone together, just as
we would never leave *any* animal alone with him -- but because they keep
discovering new hiding places and new holes and new trouble! :-)

Anyway, in our case, so far the furkids don't seem terribly interested in
Andy (though Sigmund jumped a mile last night when Andy smacked the side
of his crib), but they are VERY interested in his stuff!  Andy, however,
is FASCINATED by the ferrets.  He can't take his eyes off them when they
are in the room.

> So mother and baby are doing fine, clemmy seems to have taken well
> to her new home, the other ferrets don't seem to miss her (more room
> in the hammock now), and papa's hanging in there too.

Keep on hangin' in there.  You think Zachariah's cool NOW, you just wait!
He'll just get cooler and cooler.  Keep me posted; I look forward to
swapping baby/ferret tips! :-)

Katie, Jeff, Andrew Jonathan, Bandit, Molly, Charlie, Pogo & Sigmund

--
         Katie Fritz -- Internet: [log in to unmask]
CompuServe: 71257,3153--S2 Ferrets Section Co-Leader, Animal Forum--GO PETSTWO