From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 1994 12:09:22 EDT
Michelle,

The ferretone people seem a little optimistic in their recommendtions on the
use of their product.  I'd really suggest that you dilute the
ferretone/linatone to 2 parts Olive Oil a to one part ferretone/linetone.
 I'd also recommend that you not put it in their food, but reserve it
strictly as a treat to be licked off of your hand and as a reward for
something special.  As to the one who won't try it, put the pump nozzel in
the corner of its mouth (you may have to wriggle it to get the mouth open)
and put a little squirt in. Chances are great that aferward it will be a
favorite treat.

As to litterbox traing, don't expect 100%, but they should be rather
consistant in using it.  Watch them.  When you see them use the litterbox,
reward them with a drop of diluted ferretone on your finger.  If they start
to go elsewhere, pick them up, turn them over and rush them to the litterbox.
 As they go in the litterbox, reward them.

Dick B.