From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 1994 20:11:52 EDT
We have a ferret coming into the shelter later this week that I'm very
concerned about.  HIstory is reported as follows:

Female under 1 year.  Purchased whole.  Very affectionate personality.  No
problems with biting or even nipping.

Went into heat about a month ago.  Taken to a Vet who spayed her *without*
bringing her out of heat.

Ever since then she has turned vicious.  Can't be handled without gloves.

My questions are:  What could be the possible causes of this radical change
in behavior?  Could it be the pain of a botched operation or just hormonal
changes that she will eventually get over?  What steps would you recommend
that we take or suggest that our Vet take?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dick B.