From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 1994 11:25:23 -0400
To Paula, who wrote:
> Hello! My name is Paula and I have been reading the FML for some time
> and dreaming of the day my husband Matt and I could become full-time
> ferret friends. Today was that day.

Have you seen the Ferret FAQ?  You can get it by email; instructions
are at the top of this file. :-)  For FTP address, see below.

> 1) How can we stop them from playing in the litter box?

You say you've tried keeping the litter slightly dirty and smearing
feces around the edges of the newspaper.  Also be sure the newspaper's
taped down well, and try using much less litter than you might think
you need -- just a sprinkle, barely enough that the top surface is
clean and dry.  You can gradually work your way up from there.

> 2) Are collars best used only when outside or always?

We keep collars with bells on our pair all the time, and add an H-type
harness with a leash when we go outside.  The risk with a harness on
all the time is that the slinkies may wiggle a leg loose or get
tangled up in the thing.

- Pam in Rochester, NY ([log in to unmask])
Ferret FAQ 2.0: rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/usenet/news.answers/ferret-faq/*