From:
Cindy Aleszczyk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 1995 17:40:18 EDT
I've a solution for munchkins who scratch the carpet in doorways.

Instead of nailing or stapling mesh or screening, as has been suggested
before, I place CLEAR PACKING TAPE, the kind you seal packages with (2"
wide) in the area that the ferrets are scratching.

They'll scratch at it alittle, see that there are no fun pieces of carpet
coming up with their labor, and leave it alone!  It is also more attractive
or at least less of an eyesore than the wire mesh.

Good luck!

Cindy
   Pippin (I used to be able to dig up this stuff, what happened?)
   Beren (I'd rather dig in plants, mom)