From:
Evil Hoses Elk! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 1995 07:44:52 EDT
< coming out of lurk mode >

SCOTT> Help!  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop a ferret from
SCOTT> digging the carpet under a door?

Scott,

I've found two solutions, but there may be many more.

A. Remove Carpet.

B. I've made some strips about 10-12 inches wide from on of those "carpet
   protectors" you get at office supply stores to roll your desk chair
   around on. It has little teeth on the bottom, so it's not easy for them
   to move or slide around. You can cut this stuff to fit any doorway, and
   since it's a clear material, it doesn't look too bad. Of course they will
   try to dig under the carpet protector at times, but since it's not as
   interesting as the door, they'll probably leave it alone and focus thier
   attention on the door. Next you'll be looking for metal kick-plates for
   the door.

-Grant (Seems like I live at Home Depot or Office Depot these days.)
 Pepperpot (I don't care about the doors. I'm just upset about the screen
            on the front of the PA cabinets.)
 Abu (I'll take what's behind door #3 thank you.)