Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 1995 16:50:33 -0800
I've been receiving FML for about a month now and have found it very interesting
and enjoyable.

Until recently I had 13 Ferrets (I moved and didn't wan't to harm them via cargo
shipping) which I gave away to good homes.  I now miss the little critters
immensly.

But, getting to the point..  My first Ferret, Raci (the name comes from the
word racy, meaning lively, spirited, retaining qualities of its origin, which
i found extremely appropriate), I got her at an age of 5 weeks old.  She was
so small and vulnerable, I kept her with me where ever I went.  She usually
rode inside my shirt curled up on my abdomen.  I'm not sure if it was all the
affection that I gave her or what but when my little girl came along Raci
used to chase her around the house nipping at her diaper and Lindsay (my
little girl) would run along screaming and giggling...  Raci never hurt her,
except when Raci got hurt.

I found that my ferret got al;ong with the children better than the cat did
since the kids would play the game of chase with her!!!!

I've heard many stories of people fearing ferrets around children, but from what
I've seen I'd fear for the ferret and not the child...  I hope that if we can
express this to enough people, sooner or later we can irradicate these
superstitions....

Rob Mawhinney