From:
Rick Lemker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 1995 02:34:12 -0500
 You're not as alone as you think, owner of D,D &Clio.  Hang in there; you
might be able to get your guys legalized by November. I admire your DVM; mine
wouldn't vaccinate against rabies for fear of prosecution.  Pretty silly
laws, I think.
  Dr. Williams might (maybe?) be able to tell you more about ABS
(A-butyl-solide, I think it is).  From the plumbing side, it's used for the
very reason that it does not decay into the sewage lines, and it's only
sensitivity is to UV (sun) light.  The stuff's damn near indestructible as
long as it's underground.  Acids and petroleum products have no effect on it.
 Supposedly, new ABS pipe is aromatic for a while, but I've never heard of
any warnings about it.  One would assume there'd be 8 pages of disclaimers if
there were a problem.
  BTW moneybags, ABS pipe is expensive.