Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 17:30:02 -0500
Dear FMLers,
        Just a note to say that as a vet tech for a large animal hospital
which takes in hoards of stray animals, I have often witnessed the affects
of preventable diseases on cats and dogs. Since I live in Mass, we rarely
see ferrets and the ones that do come in are immediately put to sleep
(unless I am on duty and "relocate" them out of state) so I don't have the
opportunity to nurse any with diseases. It is pitiful & awful to watch a
dog or cat suffer from distemper knowing a simple vaccination would have
prevented that hardship. And those afflicted spread the disease to other
unfortunate dogs and cats which suffer and die out on the streets unless
some kind person brings them in. I don't think I could forgive myself if my
own pet suffered from such an easily prevented disease. I have to drive a
long way to have him vaccinated, and worry about being caught by police
- have to drive the speed limit :( - but it is a *must*.

                        Kari