From:
"John G. Byron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 1995 12:06:50 -0500
My ferrets are mixed on whether or not they like the snow.

The eldest, a sable named Tigger, absolutely REFUSES to go outside of his own
accord.  If I take him out and place him in the snow he'll run right back for
the door and go inside.  He's done this every winter for 4 years.

Wendi, my silver, will play in the snow for about five minutes and then trot
up to me to pick her up, UNLESS she finds evidence of squirrels or field
mice.  Then she is off like a shot into the snow to track them down.  In
three years she has never caught anything in winter, but she has come quite
close in in the summer a few times.

Snickers, a sandy-colored male with chocolate points - hence the name, will
actually DIG at the slider door to go out and play in the snow!   I don't
know how he can stand to tunnel through snowbanks and play among the
snowcovered evergreen bushes for 20 minutes at a time, but he does it.  The
best part is watching him leave "gopher" tunnels in the snow, and then burst
up through the snow all covered in white.  Crazy little monster.

I think his favorite part of playing in the snow is when we come inside I'll
pull warm towels out of the dryer to rub him down.  He seems to like that a
lot.

Regards,

John - the dumb human, Tigger, Snickers &  Wendi