From:
Michelle Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 1995 23:46:29 -0700
sorry to be a nuisance about Totally Ferret, but I wrote it down like a
good girl, and then when I called the pet store to give them the address,
it disappeared...*sheepish grin*  can I have it again please?  I can't
keep mail in my mailbox because of space restrictions.  I promise if I ask
again someone can shoot me :)  (Maybe one of the ferrets took it, hell,
they took the thermoter out of hte fishtank, we found it under the
computer desk)

For whoever asked, Coffee was by herself at the pet store for at least two
weeks.  This pet store will usually just keep one at a time.  Before that
I have no idea.

Oh, interesting story (sort of).  I was attempting to mop the floors
today, of course, more just pushing the ferrets around with the mop,
because they have to play with it and something slightly unexpected
happened.  Taz and Honey never got into wash water, they would normally
just sniff it and give me a look like "Are you nuts?  Why would you put
that icky stuff in drinking water?"  But, of course, I here this *SPLASH*
and look around to see a wet and soapy Coffee climbing out of a bucket of
409 and water.  I grabbed her quickly and put her in the kitchen sink to
run water over her and her eyes, ears, and nose.  After I thought I had
her fairly rinsed off, I took her to the bathroom and gave her a bath as
well, to make sure it was off all of her fur (she needed a bath anyway.)
She seems ok (aside from giving me dirty look for trying to drown her, a
favor she returned, I was COVERED in water)  but she's been having some
really ugly wheezing episodes.  She stopped after a couple of hours, so I thin
 she's ok, but I'd like other opinions.  Other than that, it was kind of
funny to see the poor darling with soap on her nose.  Of course, as soon
as she got over being soaked, she tried it again. :)

Michelle