From:
Rafael Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 07:23:31 -0500
Howdy,
        First of all, I would like to say that I just joined the list about
three weeks ago and it has been very entertaining and informative.  I was
wondering about what to give a ferret for treats.  My seven month old
ferret, Mina, will not eat anything other than Iams kitten food or
ferretone.  I have tried giving her things that I hear ferrets are supposed
to love, like fruits and carrots.  She will come and smell, and usually not
even make an attempt to take it out of my hand.  Sometimes, she'll take it
out of my hand and then hide it somewhere.  I have even tried putting a
little piece of carrot in her food bowl; she'll leave it there until I have
to take it out because it is dried out.  Is this something to worry about?

        Next, I had a question about normal feeding.  I leave her in her
cage during the day and let her come out and play in the afternoon and
evening.  I will leave her cage open at that time so that she can make it
to the litterbox.  I have noticed that she will not eat anything during the
day.  She will wait until I let her out to play.  Then she will take one
piece of food and run to a corner of the room.  She will either eat it
there or start a pile of food.  She will then run back to the cage and do
the same thing over and over again.  Any suggestions?

        Thanks,
        Rafael Garcia and Mina - [log in to unmask]