From:
Todd & Andi Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 08:37:39 -0400
Sorry I haven't posted for a while, but this semester is getting pretty
hectic. This morning we had a bit of an "accident" with Bailey - and I
could use some advice!

Some of the ferrets have colds right now, and we were told that we could
give them a little liquid children's sudafed to help them feel better. (Dr
Williams, if this isn't ok, and we are misinformed, please let me know!)
She was up all night coughing - and to make a long story short, Bailey
apirated some of the medicine this morning and is now having some
difficulty breathing. (If you don't remember from past posts, Bailey is our
sickly ferret, with a large variety of health problems besides this!)

She's doing a gasp, wheeze, cough combination every 10th breath or so. I
have tried holding her upside down (head towards the ground) to see if
gravity can help empty her lungs and although it did help, we're not back
to a normally breathing ferret. She's even doing it in her sleep, just a
little less often.

Is there anything else I can do? Are there complications other than
pneumonia that I need to watch for?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Andi and Bailey