From:
Denise L Voskuil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 1994 12:52:03 -0500
Hi all!

Well, Rocko and Randall are starting to shed out their summer coats.
This is the first time that I've seen such a thing, and so I had a
quick question - is is normal for them to change _color_ when they're
shedding?  I don't mean the shade of the color or the positioning;
I mean a new color.  They're both sable males; Rocko is more towards
brown/dun, and Randall is closer to black.  Both of them now have a
sort of coppery/cinnamon hue coming into their coats in spots - it's
hard to tell, but it may be in the underlayer of fur, and not the guard
hairs (could be wrong on that).  Just wondering if they're weird in
this; they're weird little ferrets in general!  :)

Thanks!
Denise and -
  * Rocko & Randall ("Mom is so nice to be giving us Petromalt a little more
                        often lately - YUM!")  [Yes, I'm following the
                        right dosage.]
  * Grumpy (teddy bear hamster)