Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 1994 17:53:41 -0400
  I wrote a letter about two weeks ago asking for help on how to get my young
girl, Bongo, and my new 2 yr old male, Bo (renamed now to Ruby) to get along
together.  Well, I have terrible update to all those nice people who replied.
 On last Sunday or Monday, Bongo must have run out the front door when we
came in.  We are not sure exactly when, but she has been missing all week.
 My wife and I live upstairs in an apartment and our neighbor said she saw
Bongo scratching at our door on Tuesday morning.  She said she didn't know
what it was (she thought it was a squirrel) so she didn't do anything.
Several children and a couple adults have seen her or played with her, but
none of them bothered to take her in.  We have posted notices everywhere, but
I think she is gone for good now.  My wife and I are very upset and
depressed.  We feel like terrible parents. I wish so much that someone had
picked her up and we can't stop thinking about our scared, hungry, and
probably sick ferret.  Bongo was the cuttest sable and we loved her so very
much it makes me cry.
  In memory of Bongo I hope that everyone will give their ferrets a big kiss.
 You never now how much you can miss one until it's gone.