From:
Luise Villalta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 1995 08:48:09 -0500
                       Subject:                               Time:3:40 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          Declawing                              Date:1/30/95
Paula and Matt;
We had our ferret, Bandit, declawed.  He is just fine.  He uses his shoulder
muscles a lot now when he tries to get up on the couch, or a chair or the bed
etc.  But, he can still get up onto things as he did before.  And he doesn't
get his claws caught in the fabric!
The reason for having him declawed is that he was wrecking the furniture, and
the carpet.   Our cat, Buttercup, was declawed so we thought about Bandit.   We
asked the vet if it would be harmful, and if he would need his claws (front
only), and the vet said as far as he knew he wouldn't be lost without them.
One thing I noticed - when we go camping Bandit can't dig up chipmunk holes as
fast as before.
Luise