From:
Carla Almaraz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 1994 21:06:33 -0700 (PDT)
I have been feeding my ferrets green peppers for 6 years.  The ferrets
actually line up at the refrigerator waiting for their treat.  This is
quite a sight since 8 of my 11 ferrets are green pepper-holics! Other
treats that they love are Chicken flavored Pounce, red licorice, raisins,
tomatoes, lettuce (Tillie, my 6 1/2 year old, could strip a Taco Bell
tostado of all the veggies in just a few minutes if we let her!), pasta
(no sauce please), cooked chicken, roast beef, bread (hold the butter),
corn (not too much since it can bind them up), asparagus, sunflower seeds
(freshly shelled), pecans, and of course a few licks of milk or ice cream
(but not very often.) I feed all the above in moderation (about 1
teaspoon total daily of varied treats.) Interesting diet for a carnivore!