From:
"Luise Villalta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
5 Oct 1994 16:46:29 -0500
                       Subject:                               Time:4:22 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          Baby Gate and diving                   Date:10/5/94
Dear Michelle, re:  baby gates
We use a plastic baby gate to block off the den.  We discovered the den wasn't
a safe area for Bandit to be in when Bandit started chewing the rubber paper
feed part in the laser printer.  It was also an $80.00 part that he demolished.
 So we bought a gate and thought it would solve the problem.  Then we spotted
Bandit jumping for the top of the gate (climbing), pulling himself up, and over
into the den.  This gate has holes in it too small for Bandit to crawl through,
but big enough for his paws to latch on to help him reach the top of the gate.
We taped a file folder to the outside of the gate to cover the holes.  Bandit
just jumped higher and reached the top (didn't have to climb).  We then put
clear, shinny tape on the top to provide a slippery surface that he could not
latch onto.  It works!
Bandit likes to dive for the sink plug.  This happens in the bathroom sink.  We
fill up the bathroom sink with cool water.  Bandit, loving rubber, spots the
plug and tries to retreive it.  He has to submerge his head and upper body to
do this.  At first he wasn't able to do it, then he would go deeper and deeper
and then finally he could grab the plug.  He would emerge soaked and
victorious.  Then we'd fill up the sink and start all over again until it is
time to leave for work!