From:
Denise L Voskuil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 1994 22:59:56 -0500
OK everyone, I've tried everything, and I need help with my little
weasels.  Since I moved to my new place, my ferrets are safe from
Minneapolis Animal Control, but they seem to have somewhat lost
their litter training habits.  Some of it seems to be a protest
when they're closed in my room - they go in front of the door.
However, they also go there when the door's open too.  They've also
started going under my bed, where it's hard to clean.  I clean their
litterboxes frequently, but I'm sure to leave _some_ dirty litter
in to keep them from playing in the box.  There are now _5_ boxes
in my room, including one near each of the trouble spots.  I clean
the messed area with a spray foam called Outright, but they keep
going back.  I even got a dog/cat repellant spray by Four Paws
called Keep Off - it seems to be ineffective for them.  (They even
go over to sniff where I've sprayed.)  If I put a towel in the corner,
they go in front of or on top of it; same with other objects.

I need recommendations!  Cleaners, ferret-effective repellants, etc.
that work for you are most appreciated.  (Hopefully, they won't smell
too bad to _me_.)  I'd like to let them romp in my bedroom while I'm
gone to work, as it's pretty ferret-proof and ferret-safe, but I don't
want them to destroy the carpet - I'm renting this place.  If people
can help me with this, then I can let the little dears out of their
cages while I'm gone, and all of us here would prefer that.

Thanks!
Denise, plus -
 * Rocko and Randall, and Grumpy the hamster