From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 1994 10:18:09 -0400
I need some advice.

My boyfriend & I would like to live together, and he has 2 cats, so I've
been bringing my ferret over on weekends to get the animals all used to
each other.  Nancy (the ferret) didn't care for the cats at first, and
mostly ignored them, but has now decided that they were put on earth for
her to torment.  Especially the kitten.  She chased the kitten 'round and
'round (the older cat sat up on a shelf), and she even chased the kitten
away from the food and water dishes (which she suddenly decided were
*hers*).  Then, to make matters worse, she went on the offensive, attacking
any cat she could get at, jumping on their backs and biting their ears, or
whatever else she can get her teeth on.  I followed her around, grabbing
and scolding her when she did it.  But I'm worried that eventually, one of
the cats will get fed up, and seriously hurt her, or that she'll start
going after people.  Has anyone else had this happen?