Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 1994 22:02:49 -0400
        I keep hearing rumors about there being more cancers in ferrets from
MF, or more cancers in ferrets who are fed this, or...  (etc etc).  So, could
we do a little poll here?  If everyone who's had a ferret contract cancer could
fill this out and mail it back to me (one for each ferret, or multiple ferrets
per mail, I don't really care), we'd have a pretty decent number of cases.
(Admittedly, not necc. a random sample, but... :)  I'll tabulate the responses
and post back.  There may very well not be enough cases to say anything at all,
but it might provide some hints!

My email addresses:  [log in to unmask], or v313mdm8 at the same
location.  (Or, [log in to unmask]).

1.  What type(s) of cancer did your ferret contract?
2.  At what age?
3.  Where was your ferret from?  (pet store/unknown, pet store/Marshall Farms,
        breeder, shelter....)
4.  At what age was your ferret spayed/neutered?
5.  Was your ferret descented?
6.  Did you adopt the ferret later in life?
        a) if so, do you know the past history?
        b) was the ferret abused?
7.  What did you feed the ferret?  (ferret food, cat food, spec. brand....)
8.  Any other details worth mentioning?

Thanks!

-Rochelle