From:
Luise Villalta <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 1994 09:26:20 -0500
                       Subject:                               Time:12:32 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          Ferret Food                            Date:9/19/94
When we brought Bandit home, 2 years ago, we fed him Ferret Food - a very
expensive brand that the vet carried.  When we brought our kitten home - 1 1/2
years ago Bandit started eating the kitten food, and would not eat his ferret
food again.  I have tried mixing the two foods together, and tried different
brands of ferret food to no avail.  I noticed that the kitten/cat food does not
have as high a percentage of protein, and less "meat" in it.  He doesn't like
any of our meat i.e. raw hamburger meat, cooked meat - it says in our ferret
books to feed them raw protein once in a while since they are meat eaters.  The
other food he eats is different fruits like bananas and raisins.  Is the amino
acid, "taurine" found in any foods naturally that I can feed him?
Is it bad for ferrets to eat cat food (dry), and how do I get Bandit to eat the
proper diet for ferrets?  The last ferret food that was tried was, "Ferret
Diet".  He won't eat it.
Concerned and wanting Bandit to be as healthy as possible,
Luise