Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 1994 04:05:47 -0400
Hello all.....
 A Question concerning the Ivermectin for heartworm control...Bill
thank you for that valuable info...I intend to distribute it in my
clubs next newsletter (GSFC) <NJ>  and also to give it to my vet.  I
wanted to know with the new chewable versions on the market, ie
Heartguard and some others...are these distributed unevenly throughout
the softer, tastier version?  My dogs love them and I'm sure my
ferrets would too...if my vet and I could get the dosing right.
 Everyone has had some great times and ideas by the sound of it with
inventing new games and toys for their fuzzies!  Michelle, tell me
more about your outdoor cage.  I've recently put together two cages,
but I wanted it bottomless so the kids could loll in the grass, have a
sandbox, etc.  My only concern is them get- ting under it.  How is
yours set up?  And just some concerns about some games.. I've heard of
ferrets getting pretty bad cuts from getting their snoopy little noses
stuck in soda cans....and please be careful with phone cords..too.
Some kids just can't distinguish between the phone, the cable...eek
even your computer cords....... And to anyone out there with breeding
experience...I have a potential jill for my hob Willie, she is coming
into season a bit late and I can't find any info on later
pregnacies....any concerns, etc. that I should know about? When is the
latest that is safe to breed a jill for her health and esp. the kits?
Thanks all.....
Also to Robert and Lynda....good luck with your little Bibitte...you
are giving her the most important thing of all..lots of love!

 Michele and the gang!