Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Ferret Mailing List (FML)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 1994 11:38:53 CDT"
Hello.  I recently moved to Dallas, leaving my ferrets behind for the moment
because of the legal situation.  I really miss not having them with me. :(
Illinois is really great, only requiring the free permit.  I will probably
eventually bring them down here, but I don't like the idea of having to sneak
around, and I'm scared to death of having them taken away.  I've seen posts
from other anons in the Dallas area, and I was wondering what are possible
consequences of being found with ferrets in the area.  Just a slap on the
wrist and a fine, or are the regulations more along the lines of California's?
When I called some Humane Societies/Animal Control places in the area, most
didn't even know what a ferret was!  (There were a few helpful exceptions, but
I can't remember which place)  Also, I'd be interested in joining/starting a
legalization-awareness effort in the Dallas/Fort Worth/Plano area.  Does anyone
know of such a campaign?

And...this month's issue of Life magazine is dedicated to endangered species.
There is a full-page picture of our friend, the black-footed ferret.  I haven't
bought it yet, so I don't know what kind of article accompanies it.  I only
browsed in the checkout line, but it looks promising.  One of the morning
news/talk shows (CBS) did a segment on the magazine's special.  Last year I
found a neat storybook, casette, and stuffed animal set put out by the
Smithsonian Inst. about the black-footed ferret.  "Wild and Free".