From:
Bruce Williams DVM <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 1994 07:29:47 EST
To All:

        Over the last several weeks I have noticed an alarming trend of missed
diagnoses, wrong choices for treatment, misinformation, and other forms of bad
medicine turning up on the list on a regular basis.  It's gotten to an alarming
level.

        I realize that there are few vets out there who know anything about
ferrets, and many people have no access to them.  While I try to answer as much
mail as I can, there are often times that I can't keep up (and I DO wish to
thank everyone who fills in with an immediate answer until I get back.)

        At the bottom of every message is a PHONE NUMBER.  I encourage owners
who have questions to USE IT.  Have your vets USE IT.  If I minded people
sending me email or calling me on the phone (remember, it's Mon-Fri.), I
wouldn't post it.

        I will continue to work on the FML to give you the best advice I can.
But if you need an answer immediately, there's nothing like the phone.

        Because of my workload, I concentrate now only on medical questions.
There are many people on the list who can help in the fight to legalize ferrets,
or on the subject of rabies.  But if you have a question, and your vet can't
seem to answer, feel free to give me a call.

       Bruce Williams, DVM                 Department of Veterinary Pathology
       [log in to unmask]         Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
       (202) 576-2453/2454                 Washington, D.C.  20306-6000