From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 1994 09:36:01 -0600
     Hi all. I have a question. About 2 or 3 times now I've noticed an awful
smell around the litterpan right after Sammy poops in it (I mean, more awful
than the smell you'd *expect* around a freshly used litterpan :). I think that
sometimes when Sammy poops he sprays as well. He doesn't do it every time,
but I can't say exactly how often he may be doing it as I'm at work all day.
Could this be indicative of some problem? Sammy is unaltered by the way, and
of course has not been descented. He is about 14 weeks old. He seems quite
healthy otherwise, is growing like a weed, and is stronger and more energetic
than (and almost as big as!) my other two ferrets put together. And his poop
seems normal, so I don't think he's straining overly much when he 'goes'. I
have only known him to spray on 2 or 3 other occasions (when not pooping).

     Sammy's 'drinking problem' continues (ie. when drinking from a bowl as
much water ends up in his vicinity as in him :). I don't know why he's so
fascinated with water (he certainly doesn't like baths :). This morning I
was cleaning up an Orange Crush spill on the carpet (my own fault I guess
for leaving a not-quite-empty can within ferret reach; at least I'm sure
that's my ferrets' point of view :). While I was doing this Sammy came up
and leaned up on the bucket to have a look inside, then dunked his head
right in the water and looked around. Kids! Who can figure 'em? :)

     By the way, I don't normally leave drink cans, half-empty or otherwise,
where the kids can reach them. As much as they love playing with them, and
as funny as they are to watch, I'm afraid they'll cut themselves on the rim.
Guess I'm just an over-protective parent :).

John, Buddy, Cassidy, and Sammy
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada