From:
Dale E Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 13 Aug 1994 09:06:26 -0400
Only one of our two ferrets has ever done any tail-wagging, and she hasn't
done it recently, but as I recall it was during play and not at a time
when she would have any reason to feel extreme agitation or fear.  My most
vivid memory of it is of a time when we were playing an ordinary game of
Chase the Varmit, as we do almost every day.  She ran behind a bookcase,
and we heard this very strange noise as her tail alternately smacked the
back of the bookcase and the wall.  Of course, maybe she had started to
take the game of chase too seriously and got scared, but I certainly
didn't think this at the time.  COuld wagging be linked to extreme
excitement of any kind?

Dale Miller, University of Pittsburgh
Sile et philosophus esto.