Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 22:51:17 -0500
        Well, I now know the truth -- Fezzik has learned that there are
consequences to his actions, and he accepts them... he just prefers NOT to be
trained, thank you very much.
        Because of a problem with our roof leaking water into the wall, we have
a small hole in the stairwell wall.  Since the problem can't be fixed until the
snow melts off of the roof, we've had to restrict the ferrets to the
downstairs (no matter how we try and board up the hole, Fezzik finds a way to
slowly open it back up, and he seems really intent on getting back in that
hole...).   We used to let the guys upstairs, so they know it exists, and
Fezzik at least is very upset that there are a set of French doors blocking his
way now.  So, he scratches at them incessently (of course).  (We are
practically counting days until spring when the roofers can come out...).
We've been making a habit of scruffing him whenever he scratches at them (in a
desperate ploy to save our sanity).
        Well, Fezzik normally squints his eyes real tightly when he is
scruffed.  So this evening, he was scratching and I came over to scruff
him... he simply waited there, and *squinted his eyes* before I even touched
him!  He knew EXACTLY what was coming, and obviously accepted it (since he
didn't even try to run and hid under the couch)...  He just was too stubborn to
let the consequences stop him...

-rochelle