Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 1994 15:35:59 +0930
Sender:
"The Ferret Mailing List (FML)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Dave Garvin <[log in to unmask]>
Hey All:

Well, I have put off writing this, but time is drawing near and we are in
sort of a bind.  I have been offered a two-year position in Australia, and
it is really too lucrative to pass up.  The only problem is our two
"girls".  In order to get them into the country, they will require four or
five months quarantine in Hawaii, followed by another four or five months
in Australia.  We really can't see how we can justify this long a time of
torture in quarantine just to turn around in a short time and bring them
back.

We were planning on having some of our friends watch them for a couple of
years.  But, they are now shying away and we are basically scrambling to
try and find accomodation for them while we are away.  We recognize that a
two year babysitting job is asking alot, but if anyone in the central New
York area is interested, I would be extremely grateful for your input.

Alternatively, we would be ok with a situation in which we adopt them out
to someone who knows and likes ferrets, and is looking to expand by two,
since we know how difficult it is to have them around for a while and then
have them be gone :(  .

Our girls, Sticky and Muddy, are really sweet.  Sticky is the nicest, most
friendly little girl imagineable.  Muddy is a bit of a rabble-rouser, but
often lets her guard down and shows her good side.  Both are spayed and
descented.  Sticky is abound 2 3/4 years old, and muddy is about 2.

We are really bummed out about having to leave them, and our only concern
is that they be well-cared for.  Again, any input or ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Dave (the morose one right now) and "the girls"
David F. Garvin
Research Molecular Biologist
U.S. Plant, Soil, and Nutrition Lab
Cornell University