From:
Gale Putt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 1994 10:53:30 EDT
On a trip to Bucks Co.,Pa. I found a most amazing ferret book in a small used
book store.  For $1.50, I am now the proud owner of it!
It is called "Ferret Facts and Fancies" by A.R.Harding, published by A.R.
Harding, 2878 E.Main St., Columbus, Oh.  Copyright A.R. Harding, 1943.
It is a softcover,approx 6x9" light green and black.  It contains b&w photos
and what seem to be woodcuts also in black and white. It contains 214 pages.
 It describes itself as "A book of practical instructions on
breeding,raising,handling and selling; Also their uses and fur value (sorry,
Gale)
Some of the chapter contents are as follows:  History and Descrip,
Ferretville (a real place,Gale), Hutches and nests, barns and sheds,feeding &
management, ferret contrivances, letters from raisers,ferrets in Belgium
ferret raising in a small way, raising as a business, ferrets A to Z,
Diseases of ferrets.  Also loads of illustrations.
Some of the info is quite practical, other info is, to say the least,
amazing!  The diseases section and treatment would make your hair stand on
end!!  No Dr. Williams then.
The copyright is 51 years old and I have no idea if anyone associated with
the book is even still alive.  I would love to share it with all my ferret
owned friends, even to the point of retyping it for the list if this were
legal.  If anybody knows the legality of any of this or a way I can share it
legally, please let me know because I'm sure you would all enjoy it as much
as I have.
Oh yes, one other thing, how can I get a copy of the list's medical facts for
our local vet?  Is it a "GET" from a FML database?  I know you printed the
info once,but I can't find it. (with all the fuzzies around here, it is a
wonder I can find the computer)

[On the top of *every* FML issue. crl]

    The fuzzies sleep-in help, Gale Putt