From:
Tammy Snapp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 1994 13:51:08 -0400
Hi,
This is my first post to the FML. I have 6 wonderful little rugrats.
Two 2 year old male sables Jake and Ozzy, two 1 year old male sables Zak
and Randy and two 1 year old females one sable Samantha and one silver
mitt Sunshine. I discovered a different version of the balloon game
played with helium balloons! Jake is very aggressive and kept jumping for
the balloon which was on the ceiling so I tied the string in a big loop
and slipped it around his body at this point the balloon is about 2 feet
off the floor with Jake as the weight- all six ferrets are jumping for
the balloon including Jake, but everytime he jumps the balloon gets out
of reach. The others are all jumping on him and he's jumping it was a
real riot. I got it all on video too!! They were able to tangled in the
string enough to bring the balloon into reach and eventually popped it
and none of them ran instead they looked proud of their kill! Of course
they weren't allowed to keep it and it was a bit of a tug-o-war getting
this wonderful piece of rubber away from all six pulling in six different
directions!

In regards to smell. With 6 ferrets I can't imagine eliminated all smell
and personally I'm not bothered by it myself however I have recently been
forced to move back with my parents. Mom has no complaints (it's hard to
keep her out of their cages!) but Dad is constantly complaining that they
"stink" so bad it makes him nausious. I've been home for 4 weeks now and
I clean their litter twice a day sometimes 3 times. They have 3
litterboxes, I use scoop away or Tidy cat scoopable litter and also put a
litter deoderizor in the boxes everytime I clean them, I keep the try
under the cage clean of litterbox misses, I given the kids bathes every 2
weeks, I've been spraying them with four paws deoderizor and conditioner,
and washed thier rags and blankets every week and carpet freshed the
carpet in my room as well as their cage. On top of all this I have 4
stick ups placed strategically around the room and 2 renuzit
airfreshenors and I spray potporee fragrence everynight in the hallway.
And still dad says it stinks. Are there any suggestions? I am not willing
to "get rid" of any of my kids so that isn't an option. I am looking more
for advice concerning litter and or food. Currently I'm changing there
food from 50/50 mix of science diet kitten and purina ferret chow to Iams
kitten.
Thanx in advance,
Tammy and the gang