From:
"Michelle P." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 1994 20:27:56 -0400
Hi All,

Just thought I'd tell everyone about a fun summer game that my Ferrets really
seem to get a kick out of.

I have a large outside cage that I let them play in when the weather is nice,
well today in Ohio it got up to about 90 degrees, and the humidity was just
unbearable, and the house was even worse, so what I did was put a large bowl,
(about 15 inches diameter) filled it with water and put a few pieces of tree
bark in it ( or mulch because it floats), and a rock at the bottom of the
bowl.
They had so much fun sticking their heads into the water to retrieve the
wood, and the rock, it was soooo funny to watch!
all of them lined up around the rim of the bowl pushing the wood back and
forth to each other with their noses.

(Do you think its was their version of  "Ferret Water Polo"?)

Actually that was not their intention, but their little noses kept pushing
the wood out of reach, and to the opposite ferret.:-)

A must try for those of us having HOT/Humid weather.

Take care all.

Michelle and The MASKeteers:-)