From:
Katrina D Ramsell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 1994 12:30:08 -0400
To: Genevieve & Cliff, Pixie & Max

  I have had great luck giving powdered medication (or crushed tablets) by
mixing the medication with chicken baby food. I usually put about a teaspoon of
chicken baby food in a dish and heat it up for about 5 seconds (or until
slightly warm), especially if it's right out of the refrigerator. Then I
sprinkle the powder on top and mix well. I don't like to use anything sweet
such as Karo syrup or Nutrical because it could cause problems if your ferret
has blood-sugar problems (from insulinomas you may not know about). I know that
fruits are somewhat hard for ferrets to digest, so I wouldn't use those on a
regular basis (I must admit though that I do give raisins as a treat
occasionally). I like to reserve Linatone as a treat. I'm sure different things
work for different ferrets. I like using chicken baby food because I know that
it mostly just has protein and a little fat and doesn't cause problems in small
amounts.
                               Good Luck!
                                  KR