From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 1994 16:40:41 -0400
The discussion about introducing a new ferret is quite helpful since I just
adopted a buddy for Cinderella. Norman was adopted from FACT in Connecticut
this past weekend.  He is a big handsome silver guy about 8 mos. to a year, who
has a wonderful possum-like appearance.

However, Cinderella (approx. 2 years old) is not impressed.  I thought it
would be love at first sight, but since it's an arranged marriage (so to
speak, they're spayed/neutered), this may take longer than I thought.

They spend part of the day together in the ferret room, but then Cinderella
needs her space, so I let her out into the rest of the house.  I think she's
still insulted that I brought Norman home, although I did ask her about it and
she came with me when I picked him up.  Since there's always at least one or
two cats hanging out in the ferret room due to the food supply, Norman still
has company when Cinderella's not around.

Cinderella's hobbies include maintaining a fine collection of socks, whereas
Norman seems to be more of a bibliophile.  He enjoys pulling out all of the
books from the bottom shelf, and also investigating the mountains of paper on
top of the desk. Both of them are sleeping a lot since Norman's arrival; I
think they've worn each other out!

--Cinderella and Norman's Mom