From:
[log in to unmask] (Edward S. Plumer)
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 1994 09:41:05 -0700

> Kristen Herzog :
>
>    about your fridge problem.  I understand your dilemma, most good
>ferret books warn owners about fridges because the ferrets like to sleep
>next to the fan

> The only
>suggestion I could give would be try something like chicken wire ( unless
>your fire rats like to chew on metal too.)

even better is "hardware cloth"  which is like chicken wire but has small
square holes about 1/2 inch wide and is much stiffer.  You can cut it with
a pair of wire cutters and it is stiff enough not to require much to hold
it in place.  I have ferret proofed the fridge and stove with it and it works
great.

By the way,  does anybody know any good breeders in the Northern New Mexico
area?

Edward

  | Edward Plumer                        [log in to unmask] |
  | Los Alamos National Laboratory                          |
  | X-3, Hydrodynamic Applications                          |
  | MS F663                            voice (505) 665-8610 |
  | Los Alamos, NM 87545               fax   (505) 665-5553 |