From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 25 Jun 1994 18:32:00 -0400
Hi Everyone!
Thought you might want to try a couple games we play at home.  I have
a large easter basket that I attach a belt or leash to and the ferrets
love to jump in and ride back and forth across the living room!  Some
times a couple will be inside riding and several will be outside chasing!
Its great fun for these little guys and I even get a little exercise too!
Be careful on turns and don't go too fast or they might get sick.  I go
slow enough they can climb in (rather ungracefully) while we're moving.

Another idea is to take the plastic tables with the removeable legs and
turn them over (they come in all different shapes) and put just a tad
bit of lukewarm water in them and then gently put your ferrets in (if
they don't mind water) - its really funny to watch their reactions -
as if the water was ice cold or red hot - but they keep coming back for
more!  If you don't have tile or linoleum floors you may want to put
a few towells down or an old blanket to sop up the overflow!

On Abuse -
It's sooo difficult to handle abusive situations but the main thing is
the ferret.  If tact doesn't work then we usually let our feelings take
over.  I'm a pacifist and normally quiet but when it comes to these little
ones I tend to let go.  It's difficult not to.

Michelle -
Where are you?  I e-mailed you about Charlie and haven't received an answer.
Please post progress on FML or get back to me.  Something!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  Hugs to all fuzzies!  tle