From:
Shelly Nice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 1994 09:53:34 -0400 (EDT)
Interesting to hear that ferrets can live up to 8+ years.  Vanilla is
about 6 or so.  This year was tough with her fighting adrenal cancer,
losing most of her hair, introduction of rambuncious Dalmatian pup, etc.
BUT...we recently moved home (aka living with rents sans dog) and BOY, has
she perked up.  She's has been in rare form these past several weeks.  I
even introduced her to raisins (thanks FML).  She is such a finicky eatter
(Meow Mix or NOTHING).  At first, she ate a couple raisins and seemed to
like them. But now, politely takes them from me and spits them out when
she thinks I'm not looking.

Question...what food can I give her to fatten her up a bit?  She's no
more than 1 lb. and with winter coming and her "old age" years
approaching, I'd like to get her weight up a bit.  Any suggestions on
what to get and where to get it? Our local pet store has diddly-squat for
ferrets.

Thanks.

Shelly and Vanilla (aka Vana Banana when she's dirty)