From:
Terri from AOL <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 1994 23:22:51 -0400
Hi all!  We (my two girls and my husband) are relatively new ferret owners.
We have Rascal(a male albino) and Sable( well, a sable!).  They are great!
Rascal has no dignity at all, where Sable, on the other hand, is all lady,
until she's had enough of Rascal and stomps his butt!

Question:  They seem to itch frequently.  They are fed Science Diet with
Ferritone added.  If I add fat to their diet, what should it be?

Also, this summer, I am planning an overnight trip to Michigan.  Are ferrets
legal in Michigan?  I was hoping to cage them in a hotel room with me (with
the hotel's permission, maybe).  Any problems anyone can see?

They used to nip alot but thumping on the nose seems to help.  Sable gives
kisses now and loves banannas.  Rascal will kill for carrots.  Literally --my
daughter's have nearly lost their fingers when they try to eat carrots and
he's out.  They like to play with our cats but they don't seem to appreciate
ferret humor.  The younger cat will play with them if it's the "chase" game.
They are a two ferret circus and I hope to add more to the family
later(sometime when my husband is out of town for a long time)...  I love
this issue and plan on giving a copy to my vet.

Well, take care, all.