From:
sax and violins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 1994 10:15:50 -0500
I noticed Laura McDonald talking about feeding cooked bones
to her critters.  I remember reading in a book called "Dr.
Pitcairn's Feeding Cats and Dogs Naturally" or something like
that, published by Rodale, that cooked bones should never be
fed to any animals, as they splinter.  Only uncooked bones
should be fed, and they even talk about feeding whole game hens
to cats (which I tried, and there was much laughter as my kitty
reverted back to ancestral state, growling and dragging it across
the floor).  Did you ever read anything about this Laura?  It
concerns me -- they stressed never feeding cooked bones.

addison