Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 1994 04:21:46 -0400
To Dr. Brown or Dr. Williams:
      I have an 18 mo. old gib, Stimpy, who over the past four months
has developed a very slow hair loss on his tail.  He has always been
on the slim side for his length, he weighs 2 lbs now and at his
heaviest was 2.4lbs.  He lost some weight at 10 months due to a GI
virus, and gained most, but not all of it back. The hair loss started
about two months after the virus, so I don't think it is related to
that.  My vet said she doesn't want to do a lymphoma workup yet
because 1); the loss has been very slow, i.e. you can't pull hair out
in clumps, and 2); he has remained active and healthy, he eats well
and has had no other symptoms.  But, I'M still worried!  I have five
other ferrets, they are all on a 34% min. protein kitten food, and all
have been healthy, so I don't think it's due to stress or husbandry
problems either.  Should I get a second opinion or just have her do a
CBC at least?   He is a MF ferret, my others are all private breeders
and 'big boys'.  People keep telling me not to worry as I'm comparing
size but now with this hair loss, I wonder.....
Thanks, worried Momster!  Michele and the gang!

`[1;34;46mRainbow V 2.04 Test Drive